Lake County Supervisor of Elections, Alan Hays announces scholarships available through the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections (FSASE). Local college or university students can apply for the three $1,200 scholarships that will be available. To be eligible, the student shall:
1. Be either a Political Science/Public or Business Administration, or Journalism/Mass Communication major.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Have been a bona fide resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which an application is made.
4. Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida. No postgraduate or second-degree students.
5. Have finished two years of junior college or undergraduate work (enough credits for enrollment as a junior).
6. Submit two current letters of recommendation: one from the college or university last attended or graduated from; and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
7. Submit a resume of your high school and/or college activities as well as what you have done for your community.
8. Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which shows what your own contribution is to your educational expenses. (Student does not have to submit an official form, can just send a statement of their financial need.)
9. Have maintained a “C” average or above for the previous year.
10. Be available for personal interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where you are registered to vote.
11. BE REGISTERED TO VOTE. (Written verification required by Supervisor submitting application where you are registered to vote.)
Students who wish to apply must submit an application to the Lake County Supervisor of Elections office, P. O. Box 457, Tavares, FL 32778 by 5 pm on Friday, March 29, 2019. Further guidelines and applications are available at www.lakevotes.com, or contact the Lake County Supervisor of Elections office at 352-343-9734.